So, I decided to bake some cookies today. But it didn’t really go according to the recipe. Firstly I wanted to make some substitutions to make the cookies a little more healthy. And then I hadn’t checked to see if I had all (or enough of) the ingredients.
So this is my first batch of Healthier Peanutbutter Chocolate Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookies made from my own (made up on the spot) recipe.
Yes, I know, that just rolls right off the tongue.
150ml soft butter
1 cup Pitted dates (softened in 1/2 cup warm water, and blended to a paste)
1/2 tbsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup of Oatmeal (ground into flour)
1/2 cup of Cacao
2 1/4 cups of Oatmeal
1 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
1/2 cup Chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Prepare a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Mix the butter, peanutbutter and date paste. Add in the eggs one by one. And mix well. Add the vanilla, bicarb and salt.
3. Mix the flour, cacao, oatmeal, coconut and chocolate chips.
4. Add half of the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix well. Then add the rest.
5. Spoon tablespoon size balls onto the prepared baking tray, about 2cm apart and flatten with a fork.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Let them cool off slightly on the baking tray before moving the cookies to a cooling rack.